While being a Christian does cost us some things here is a positive list of this we give up to be a Christian.
What I Gave Up To Become A Christian
- I gave up filthy rags (Isa. 64:6) for a righteous robe (Isa. 61:10).
- I gave up vileness (Job 40:4) for virtue (2 Pet. 1:3).
- I gave up poverty (Rev. 3:17) for plenty (2 Cor. 8:9)
- I gave up perplexity (Luke 21:25) for peace (John 14:27)
- I gave up judgment (Rom. 2:5) for justification (Rom. 5:1)
- I gave up death (Eph. 2:1) for life (John 5:24)
- I gave up hell (Ps. 9:17) for heaven (John 14:1-3).
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? —Mark 8:36-37
Special thanks to Pastor Al Hughes for sharing this.